The theme of the 4th ICHCC-SEA and 2017 Annual Conference of the Philippine Historical Association is “The Malay World: Connecting The Past To The Present”
THE International Council for Historical and Cultural Cooperation-Southeast Asia (ICHCC-SEA), a consortium of the Philippine Historical Association (PHA), the Malaysian Historical Society (PSM), and the Society of Indonesian Historians (MSI), invites everyone to submit paper proposal to the 4th ICHCC-SEA and the 2017 Annual Conference of the Philippine Historical Association to be held on 14-16 September 2017 at Manila Hotel (1st Day) and De La Salle University, Manila. With the theme THE MALAY WORLD: CONNECTING THE PAST TO THE PRESENT, the 4th ICHCC-SEA and the 2017 PHA Annual Conference shall have the following objectives:
1. Determine the state of historical studies in the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
2. Identify regional trends in historical and related research: methods, topics and perspectives.
3. Recognize Filipino historians and scholars doing research on Malaysia and Indonesia, and their interconnections with the Philippines.
4. Recognize foreign scholars doing historical research on the Philippines.
5. Enrich historical education.
6. Provide a venue for collaboration and networking among scholars.
7. Make historical research relevant to contemporary needs.
SCOPE OF SUB-THEMES
Individual and Panel Proposals on the following sub-themes are welcome:
• New Perspectives on Southeast Asian Pasts
• ASEAN: Challenges and Prospects
• Conjunctions in the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia
• Cultural Heritage
• Economic Developments
• Environment and Society
• Faith, Religion, and Philosophy in History
• Historical Education
• History in Literature, Film, Media and Arts
• Law and Politics
• Oral History
• Rural and Urban Life
• Social Transformation
• Terrorism and Counter Terrorism
• Trends in Historiography
• Women in History
GUIDELINES ON REGISTRATION, PAPER SUBMISSION AND PRESENTATION
Please visit the PHA website for the guidelines on registration, paper submission and presentation at www.malayworldconference2017.com.
Abstracts submission deadline and screening 1 May 2017
Notification of acceptance and revisions 15 May 2017
Deadline of pre-registration 30 July 2017
Submission of full papers 31 July 2017
Cancellation/refund of registration 31 July 2017 E-presentation submission deadline 31 August 2017
Conference proper 14-16 September 2017
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
A 250 to 300 word abstract may be submitted in English or Filipino to the screening committee through firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include no more than five key words and a one-page bio-note with a recent photo. Abstracts and bio-notes must be electronically received by the Screening Committee on or before 1 May 2017.
Pre-Registered Rate: Php 4,500.00 ($ 90.00 US)
Regular Rate: Php 5,000.00 ($ 100.00 US)
Pre-Registered: Php 4,500.00 ($ 90.00 US)
Regular: Php 4,050.00 ($ 81.00 US)
Pre-Registered: Php 2,500.00 ($ 50.00 US)
Regular: Php 2,250.00 ($ 45.00 US)
Day 1 only
Pre-Registered: Php 3,000.00 ($ 60.00 US)
Regular: Php 2,700.00 ($ 54.00 US)
Day 2 only
Pre-Registered: Php 1,500.00 ($ 30.00 US)
Regular: Php 1,350.00 ($27.00 US)
*20% discount for paper readers
. . .
The International Council for Historical and Cultural Cooperation-Southeast Asia (ICHCC-SEA) is a consortium composed of the Philippine Historical Association (PHA), the Malaysian Historical Society (PSM), and the Society of Indonesian Historians (MSI) that was created in 2015. ICHCC-SEA conferences have been held in Manila (2015, 2017), Bukittinggi (2015), and Kuala Lumpur (2016).
The 4th ICHCC-SEA and the 2017 PHA Annual Conference are supported by the De La Salle University, DLSU College of Liberal Arts, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the Philippine Social Science Council.