This year, Cinemaralita: A Film Festival about the Philippine Urban Poor is all for empowerment and moving forward.
1. Open to all filmmakers with films from 2010 up that tackle the plight and victories of the Filipino urban poor and highlighting the sector’s empowerment and positive values as a people and as a movement.
2. Films may be local or international, full-length or short, narrative, documentary, animation, and new media or experimental.
3. Entries must be in DVD format. Cost of shipping must be shouldered by the filmmaker.
4. Works not in the Filipino language must have subtitles.
5. Please include along with the DVD-format entries: soft copy of synopsis, awards and previous exhibitions of the entry, short bio of the Filmmakers, digital copy of posters and/or trailer of the entry.
A filmmaker may send as many entries as s/he wants.
Official entries will be automatic contenders for:
Special Jury Prize
Deadline of Submission of entries: September 1, 2015
Festival Run: October – December 2015
Awarding Ceremonies: December 4, 2015
The Jury will be composed of award-winning filmmakers, educators, students and urban poor representatives.
Entries must be delivered via mail or hand-carry to:
Cinemaralita 4, Urban Poor Resource Center of the Philippines, Inc.
Unit 202, #137 Matatag Street, Barangay Central, Diliman, Quezon City
Check Cinemaralita Facebook page or email email@example.com. You may also call UPRCP at +63 2 9317439.