TALAS is a transdisciplinary academic journal of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) – Philippine Cultural Education Program (PCEP). This refereed journal on Culture-based Education envisions to provide a space for critical discussion and creative dialoguing among scholars, practitioners, and culture bearers in the fields of Philippine Arts, Heritage, History, Culture, and Education. The editors welcome scholarly articles, literary works, visual arts and performance documentation, and book reviews which may be written in Filipino or English. Literary works in other Philippine Languages should be accompanied by an abstract in English or Filipino.
Notes to Contributors:
- Entries must be original and have not been published in a printed or electronic form.
- As a refereed journal, entries will be reviewed by the editorial board and refereed by experts in various fields of art, culture, history, and education.
- Entries are no more than 10,000 words, encoded in the Times New Roman font, 12 points, double-spaced.
- The entries may include pictures, illustrations, graphs, and other visual material.
- Author must obtain permission from any copyrighted material to be used in the entry.
- Talas will use the format of The Chicago Manual of Style.
- For writing style in Filipino, it is recommended to use the KWF Manwal sa Masinop na Pagsulat (2014). It can be downloaded from the KWF website.
- In addition, please also submit the following: a) 250-300 abstract paper; b) short bio note; and c) email, organization, and contact number.
Send Entries to:
To: PCEP Secretariat ([email protected])
Subject: Talas Journal Entries
Submission Deadline: April 27, 2018