I. Directory of SR Branches
GUIDELINES FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF SENTRO RIZAL ABROAD
1. The SENTRO RIZAL (SR) may be an office/center/facility under the jurisdiction of any Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP) that maintain a rich collection of materials on Philippine cultures, languages and arts
The following are the basic materials (in various formats/multi-media form such as print/publications, CDs/DVDs, internet / webpage, etc.) that a Center should have:
Dictionaries (cultural, vernacular, Filipino, etc.)
Indigenous Peoples of the Philippines
Art magazines, journals, brochures, etc.
Folklore, Folk arts, Folk tales, Myths and Legends
Other reference materials on Philippine arts, culture and language, as well as promotional materials on tourism, trade and industry.
2. The Location of the proposed SR must be accessible to the public and should cater to a large population of Filipinos in the area or community, especially to Filipino immigrant children. Areas where Filipino population counts to at least 20,000 are given priority for establishment and operationalization.
3. The SR should at least have a provision for internet access.
4. The SR should have short and long term plans of activities to promote Philippine languages, cultures and arts that are sustainable or will have to be conducted regularly. Assistance in programming and activity implementation may be extended to Posts whose plans are conveyed to the NCCA/SR Secretariat a year ahead of proposed implementation.
The Philippine Foreign Service Posts and/or organized Filipino centers abroad that are interested in establishing an SR should observe the following procedures:
- Send a Letter of Intent or Interest in establishing a SENTRO RIZAL, addressed to the Chairman of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) located at 633 General Luna St. Intramuros Manila 1002 or through email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and copy furnished email@example.com.
- The letter should be accompanied with a Facility Report, stipulating the following information:
2.1 Exact address or location; existing amenities, such as, but not limited to furniture and equipment; its staffing; statistical data on its target client reach/stakeholders, and other pertinent data or information);
2.2 Inventory list of holdings/collections of materials (books/magazines/CDs/DVDs etc.) on Philippine Culture and Arts;
2.3 Photos of the facilities of the proposed SR;
2.4 Plan of activities (3 years) in relation to the promotion of Philippine languages, cultures and arts (Gantt Chart and Work and Financial Plan);
2.5 List of proposed partners/linkages for the implementation of activities; and
2.6 For organized Filipino centers: endorsement letter from the corresponding Philippine Service Post
- The SR Secretariat shall prepare an SR Application Summary Report which will be presented to the Office of the Deputy Executive Director for recommending approval and to the NCCA Chairman for final approval.
- Once approved, the SR Secretariat shall inform the applicant. An NCCA Certificate of Establishment naming the facility as SENTRO RIZAL shall be issued and a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) shall also be signed by the NCCA Chairman and authorized signatory of the SR to formally recognize the established Center.
- For documentary and posterity purposes, the newly named SR may hold a simple inauguration of the SR with the presence of the designated NCCA Official /Representative and the DFA/Consul/Official or CFO official, country representative where the SR is located and other guests, such as officials/diplomats of foreign embassies/consulates, business sectors/partners, and the like.
- The established Center shall be formally called Sentro Rizal followed by the City it is located in (e.g., Sentro Rizal Madrid, Sentro Rizal Jakarta, etc.)
- The NCCA shall extend its assistance to Centers in acquiring SR materials through solicitation/donation, as supplement to the present collection of the inaugurated facility. Financial support for its proposed short/long term programs and activities may likewise be provided – subject to appraisals and evaluation and availability of funds.