GUIDELINES ON NCCA TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (TAP)
Per its mandate, the NCCA shall encourage, support the continuous training and updating of artists and cultural workers, and ensure decentralization of cultural opportunities. The NCCA shall ensure that mechanisms to realize this mandate are in place. Furthermore, cultural awareness and education as well as technical services on NCCA programs shall be provided by the Commission in various venues that are accessible to the general public.
The following guidelines shall be the bases for approval of NCCA assistance to requests of providing resource persons and experts to different training activities such as seminars, workshops, conferences, festivals, competitions, assessment, and documentation of cultural and historical heritage and others.
II. GENERAL GUIDELINES
- The NCCA Technical Assistance Program shall be a tool for the Commission to provide immediate assistance to legitimate organizations and cultural activities with the intention of providing appropriate arts and culture education and training and technical assistance.
2. The Technical Assistance Program shall not be an alternative to project proposals that had been disapproved through the regular NCCA Grant procedure. Furthermore, the NCCA Technical Assistance Program shall not accommodate projects and activities that had
already been implemented.
III. SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
- The NCCA Technical Assistance Program shall cover provision of resource persons for workshops, seminars, conferences, judges, and critics for arts competitions and festivals, and heritage conservation experts for cultural and historical sites, structures, and others.
- Priorities shall be given to schools (public and private), LGUs and cultural organizations/agencies that have no pending and/or on-going project with the Commission.
- A letter of request signed by the Head of the requesting organization or institution should be received by the NCCA at least a month prior to the date of implementation of the activity.
- The requesting organization can avail of the Technical Assistance Program for a maximum of two (2) availment in a year.
- A pool of experts shall be established by the NCCA per disciple or field of expertise.
- The NCCA shall have the prerogative of identifying the resource person(s) or expert(s) to be tapped for a particular request but may also consider the resource person(s) identified by the requesting party.
- The resource person(s) or expert(s) for this program shall be tapped by NCCA for a maximum of 6 times a year.
- The Commission shall provide the honoraria and transportation expenses of the resource person(s) and expert(s). However, in areas where the host may not be able to provide appropriate accommodation and transportation for the resource persons, the NCCA shall
provide for these.
- Based on DBM Budget Circular No. 2007 -1 dated April 23, 2007, the NCCA shall provide an honorarium based on the maximum honoraria rates of 2 times the hourly rate for a Professor VI ( computed using the formula provided in the same circular). Thus, the
NCCA shall provide an honorarium in the maximum amount of Six Hundred Pesos (PhP 600.00) per hour but shall not exceed Five Thousand Pesos (PhP 5,000.00) a day for the services.
- The NCCA shall provide a maximum of six resource persons per request, provided the total cost for the assistance shall not exceed Seventy Five Thousand Pesos (PhP 75,000.00).
- The NCCA shall coordinate with the resource persons and the requesting organizations for the implementation of the project.
- The project/ activity duration shall not exceed 5 days.
- No activity under the Technical Assistance Program shall be implemented with out the approval of the NCCA.
- All contracts of the resource person(s) and expert(s) must be accomplished prior to the implementation of the activity.
- The NCCA shall be responsible for processing the payment of the honoraria and transportation expenses of the resource person(s).
- A letter of request shall be received by the NCCA a month prior to the implementation of the activity. The request shall include the title of the activity/project, the objectives of the project, a description of the profile of the participants, number of expected participants, and a description of the organization.
- The NCCA-PPFPD shall coordinate with the resource persons and the requesting organization regarding the requirements for the implementation of the activity.
- The request shall be endorsed by the NCCA-PPFPD for the approval of the Executive Director.
- Upon approval of the request, a Letter of Agreement shall be sent to the requesting organization indicating the requirements for the implementation of the activity and the contract of service(s) for the resource person(s) shall also be prepared.
- Payments of the honoraria and other related expenses shall only be processed after the implementation of the activity and upon submission of the requirements for payments.
V. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HOST ORGANIZATION
- The host organization shall be responsible for ensuring at least 50 participants for the seminar or workshop in order to merit NCCA assistance through this program.
- They shall provide the appropriate logistical requirements of the activity – venue, workshop/ seminar materials, local hosting of the resource person(s), certificates for the participants and the resource person(s), and report on the workshop/seminar implementation.
- The host organization shall make a wide dissemination of the activity and make proper acknowledgement of the NCCA assistance.
VI. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RESOURCE PERSON /EXPERT
- The Resource Person(s)/Expert(s) will be responsible in designing and delivering the appropriate lecture/workshop or technical assistance in accordance with the need of the requesting party.
- The Resource Person(s)/Expert(s) shall submit workshop outline and appropriate visual aid materials for information and distribution to the participants should be submitted to the Secretariat, at least a week prior to the scheduled workshop date, for reproduction and
- The Resource Person(s)/Expert(s) shall submit a short narrative report and recommendation on the workshop/ seminar and the technical assistance conducted.