The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) in cooperation with the ASEAN Committee on Culture and Information (COCI) calls for applicants for the 2015 ASEAN Youth Camp Cycle 2: Gongs and Bamboo Music Camp and Festival.
Description of Event:
After the completion and success of the ASEAN Youth Camp (AYC) Cycle 1, with Singapore as host/implementer of the last/10th installment of this ASEAN-COCI flagship project, the Philippines will launch the revival of the same, through a second cycle, which will feature young musicians of gongs and bamboo music instruments, while at the same time, gathering a select group of AYC alumni from the same field of expertise (traditional music), to serve as adult leaders for their respective youth delegations.
The 2015 ASEAN Youth Camp will explore and bring together a variety of resonance from gongs and bamboo instruments, harnessing both ancient and modern repertoires, where master artists and young musicians from Southeast Asia can interact and create integrated renditions that will be showcased in a culminating festival/concert.
Duration: 23 November – 01 December, 2015 (includes travel time)
Number of Participants: Four (4) youth delegates (2 males and 2 females, aged 18 to 30 years old)
Target Applicants: Filipino young musicians of gongs and/or bamboo music instruments
Deadline of submission of complete application requirements: August 20, 2015, Thursday, 6:00PM
Applications to be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal and courier submissions will not be accepted. Incomplete requirements/submission will not be entertained.
Qualified applicants will receive an email for an interview scheduled on: August 31, 2015 at the NCCA Bldg., Intramuros, Manila.
For inquiries, please call the NCCA International Affairs Office at tel. no. 527-2206 or 5272192 loc. 614 and look for Mr. Ian Felix Alquiros. Please note that telephone inquiries can only be entertained from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Thursday.
The NCCA reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer, the FAQs/links, or in the application form.
Qualifications of Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizens, 18 – 30 years old
- Musicians of gongs and/or bamboo musical instruments
- With educational background in any of the following is an advantage, but not required: Music, Traditional Music, Ethnomusicology
- With ability to read music is preferred, but not required
- Willing to participate in cross-cultural exchange through playing of musical instruments such as gongs and bamboo and other cultural activities
- Willing to perform a country presentation and participate in an ASEAN-themed collaborative presentation during the camp
- Mentally and physically fit to travel/participate in the activity (chosen delegates will be required to submit a medical health certificate)
- With good Filipino & English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Available to attend a 3-day pre-camp activity/workshop required by the organizers (before the actual camp/festival)
- Be able to provide a written report regarding his participation in the program and participate in a post-evaluation activity upon conclusion of the activity
- Letter of Application (addressed to Ms. Mary Anne M. Luis, Head-International Affairs Office, NCCA);
- At least one (1) recommendation Letter from relevant educational or cultural organization, or from a local/provincial government official, if applicant is out of school youth;
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Accomplished Application Form;
- Digital copy (JPG format) of 2 x 2 ID photo;
- The photos of your music instrument/s (in digital .JPG format)
- Youtube links of sample of works/video performance.
HOW TO APPLY:
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY. No personal/courier submissions. Incomplete documents/submission will automatically be declined/not acknowledged.
- For items 1 to 4, scan application documents and save into ONE (1) PDF file.
- Applications not in PDF file will automatically be disqualified.
- Applications must be submitted to email@example.com.
(with Subject Heading: APPLICATION FOR AYC).
- Applicants are advised to read this announcement and instructions before making any inquiry by phone/email.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions before submission of their documents. The NCCA will not be responsible for documents sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline of submission is August 20, 2015, Thursday, 6:00PM.