Calling all budding filmmakers aged 13-18 years old, join the Bayani/han 2018: Bayani sa Panitikan (Bayani ‘Yan) Short Film Contest!
1. The program aims to encourage the youth (ages 13-18, proof of age and identity must be furnished upon request) to promote the local literature in their communities through a short film contest.
2. The film must interpret a piece of local literature (can be legendary or modern). A copy of the material from which the film is adapted must accompany the entry.
3. Narratives, documentaries, and animation films. No video clips will be accepted.
4. Short films should be at least 5 minutes but not exceed 7 minutes in length. To be shot in HD format.
5. Official competition is open to individual or group.
6. No entry fee required.
7. The entry should be done in the local language and translated into Filipino (or subtitled).
8. It should be accompanied by a certification of original work that is noted by the principal or the barangay captain (in case of out-of-school youth).
9. Post the video on your Facebook profile and use the hashtag #ALABPanitikan and #BayaniYan. Set the Facebook post to public so we can find your entry.
10. The entry should be posted no later than March 30, 2018. Winners will be awarded on April 20, 2018.
11. Register your entry at http://bit.ly/Bayanihan2018
12. Criteria for judging:
• Adherence to the theme – 20%
• Unity of Filmic elements (production design, cinematography, direction, editing, acting) – 50%
• Originality of vision – 30%
13. Winners will receive cash prize and certificate. First prize will receive Php 35,000.00, Second Prize will receive Php 20,000.00 and Third Prize will receive Php 10,000.00
14. For more information, please contact Ms. Kathleen Cruzat at (02) 521-2192-97 or email at email@example.com