The National Commission for Culture and the Arts in partnership with Sto. Nino de Cebu Augustinian Social Development Foundation Inc. (SNAF) will be conducting its 6th Archives Congress on October 18-20, 2018 in Cebu City.
With the theme, “Archives Links…Archives Connects…” the congress envisions to link and connect archivists, record managers and all sectoral archives: academic, ecclesiastical, business, government, audiovisual, etc. in the country and/or with their counterparts abroad. The Congress also aims to empower and inspire Filipino archivist and records managers to persevere in their task of preserving history and heritage.
The 6th Archives Congress primarily aims to link and connect archivist and record managers with their counterparts, also, it envisions to:
- Present/Showcase the best practices in archiving and records management especially in this technological age.
- Increase the visibility of the archives sector and highlighting its importance for good governance, administrative transparency and democratic accountability with key decision makers, potential stakeholders, and partners.
- Emphasize the central place of archives in the heritage of communities, in close cooperation with other professions and institutions working in documentary heritage.
- Empower and inspire professional archivist to persevere in their task of preserving history and heritage through the growing technology.
The conference committee invites the submission of abstracts for paper/oral (professional category) presentations. The abstracts should be in line with the general theme and topics based on ICA’s strategic plans, namely:
- Archives and the protection of citizen’s rights
- Archives and the right to access information
- Preserving collective memory with changing regimes/environment
- Archives in the political instability, civil unrest
- Big Data and access to information
- Technological changes and impact on archives (Cloud Computing Social Media, etc.)
- Digitization technologies and sustainable strategies
- Building capacity and competencies of an archivist in the light of technological developments
- Archives survival amidst recession, budget reduction
- Paper/oral presentation (Professional Category): 20-30 minutes presentation, with 10-15 minutes for questions during the plenary session.
Abstracts for paper presentations should be submitted using the following format:
- Title of Paper (in capital letters, Times New Roman font size 14)
- Name of Presenter/s. Use * for the presenting author
- Institution/Company Affiliation (including official designation and office address)
- Contact details: email address and mobile number
- Paper abstract (not more than 300 words, Times New Roman font, size 12)
- Keywords (2-5 words)
- Brief author’s biography (maximum of 3 pages)
- Professional/ Government/ Company ID
Abstract must be sent to Archives 6th Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use 6th Archives Congress Abstract Submission [Call for Papers (Professional or Student Category)] in the subject line.
Please be informed that only upon the acceptance of the full paper (for oral presentation) by the Committee that you will be invited to present your paper at the Congress.
July 11, 2018 – Announcement Call for Papers
August 4, 2018 – Submission Deadline for Abstracts
August 21, 2018 – Notification of Accepted Paper Abstract
September 06, 2018 – Submission of Deadline of Full Papers
September 27, 2018 – Final Notification of acceptance and invitation for presentation
October 18-20, 2018 – 6th Archives Congress