The NCCA-National Committee on Historical Research Executive Council is seeking nominations for the 2017 Young Historian’s Prize. The award is in recognition of the potential of young scholars on the basis of a single work in the field of history. Winners will receive a certificate of recognition and a cash prize of Php 50,000.00.
How to Qualify
- The nominee must be Filipino citizen between 21-40 years old at the time of submission
- Must be single authorship
- Submit an original work
- The entry must be written in the proper academic style
- The entry can either be published or publishable work
- Must have used primary sources that can contribute to the enrichment of the Philippine history and historiography.
What to Submit
- A duly accomplished nomination form;
- Authors curriculum vitae;
- NSO certified birth certificate;
- Sworn statement of authorship;
- Manuscript in a PDF file soft copy and three sets of hard copies;
- Two (2) endorsement letters from an academic institution, local historical society or practicing historian.
Criteria for Evaluation
- 15% Topic – contribution to historical knowledge and research
- 30% Interpretation–well-written historical narrative and interpretation based on the use of various sources
- 30% Data/Sources –utilization of various sources (primary, secondary, archival, oral, etc.)
- 15% Coherence –effective presentation and reinforcement of research objectives vis-à-vis topic
- 10% Writing Style–scholarly work with proper citation of sources, and includes proper grammar and mastery of the language used.
Nominations may be submitted through ordinary mail to:
The Young Historian’s Prize Secretariat
Cultural Heritage Section Room 3B, 3rd Floor,
National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
633 General Luna St., Intramuros, Manila
Tel: (63-2) 527-2192 local 308
Copies of the Nomination Form and Young Historian’s Prize Guidelines may be obtained at the Cultural Heritage Section or may be downloaded through this link.