“DANCE XCHANGE ON AIR 2020”
A Concert Series showcasing a variety of dance performances
Prior to the pandemic, the Dance sector was so active with performances, events and festivals were everywhere around the country. Sayaw Pinoy 2020 had 32 dance concerts, participated in by 132 dance groups and about 2,300 dancers gathering an audience of 48,497 last February to celebrate the National Arts Month.
Then, when the lockdown was imposed due to the pandemic, dance classes and seminars were done online and via webinars. This October 2020, the NCCA-NCD will pivot to the digital platform and celebrate “Dance Xchange on Air”.
This project, “Dance Xchange on Air” is intended to provide venue for the Philippine dance community to present the best works of the different dance companies and groups to keep our hopes alive in this time of great uncertainty and find some continuity in the dynamism of the dance sector.
- The NCCA-National Committee on Dance is calling on 200 interested dance groups/ companies of different dance genre to apply for participation in the “Dance Xchange on Air”.
- 55 dance groups from Luzon
- 55 dance groups from Visayas
- 55 dance groups from Mindanao
- 55 dance groups from NCR.
- Application for “DX on Air” is generally open to all dance groups, who are at least 3 years in existence, covering any of the following dance genre: folk, ballet, contemporary, lyrical, modern jazz, hiphop, ballroom, festival dances or dances from the Indigenous Cultural Communities or Moro People.
- Please submit a high definition 1080 – 24f/s video of either an old piece (any theme presented not earlier than 2018) or a new work with a theme related to situations within the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. The material should be the best performance of the group and of good broadcast quality. A creative technology enhancement of the material will be allowed.
- The dance video should be 3 – 4 minutes only. The dance piece must have at least six (6) performers.
- Since the concerts will be aired via NCCA Facebook and Youtube channel, please ensure that the music used is royalty-free and has no copyright issues. Both platforms will block the program should they detect copyright issues.
- The featured group will receive an honorarium of Twenty Five Thousand Pesos (P25,000), subject to applicable withholding tax.
- “Dance Xchange on Air” is composed of at least 20 well-curated and produced dance concerts of an hour, featuring about 10 groups per show. The 20 dance concerts will be aired at the NCCA Facebook and Youtube Channel every Saturday and Sunday in October, November, and December.
- The project is also a way of extending assistance to the dance groups/ companies, thus, in the interest of reaching out to more groups, the NCCA-NCD will accept only one entry per group/ company. If the group/ company can do the different dance genres, it has to choose which genre they are going to submit an entry on. Strictly no duplication of submissions.
- Violation of any of the above-mentioned provisions will result to the disqualification of the group.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION:
- A high definition (1080-24f/s) video of 3-4 minutes only
- One- page information sheet containing the following:
- Name of the dance group/ company
- Address of the dance group/ company
- Date the group was established:
- Name of the Director/ Group Leader
- Contact Number of the Director/ Group Leader
- Short write up about the group/ company (max. of 2 lines)
- Short description of the dance (max. of 3 lines)
- Photo of the Director/ Group Leader
- Dance photo of the group
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
In order to select the best materials for the “Dance Xchange on Air”, the following criteria shall be used.
- Quality of the performance – 25%
- Choreography/ Staging – 25%
- Over-all impact – 25%
- Quality of video – 25%
- October 20, 2020 – Deadline of submission of entry (video with one-page information sheet)
- October 24, 2020 – Start of DX on AIR
- October 24,2020 – January 23, 2021 – Every Saturday and Sunday 6:00-7:00 PM
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
|Let us continue working together. Let us hold hands in our journey forward. Join “Dance Xchange on Air 2020”!|