As the overall policy-making, coordinating, and funding agency for the preservation, development, and promotion of Philippine arts and culture, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts encourages and supports the conduct of research and the utilization and dissemination of research outputs on culture and the arts.
NCCA support for research comes in the form of awards for individuals and grants for organizations. Research awards and grants shall be given to outstanding projects in 2022:
- Research Award for an Individual (regular) – PhP 300,000.00
- Research Award for an Organization (regular) – PhP 500,000.00
- Community Research (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao) – PhP 500,000.00
- Ph.D. Dissertation Award – PhP 150,000.00
- MA Thesis Award – PhP 75,000.00
Projects must be implemented from January 1 – October 31, 2022. Deadline for submission of Research Proposals is on June 30, 2021
- NCCA Research Agenda (http://bit.ly/NCCAResearchAgenda)
- Specific Guidelines for NCCA Support for Research in Culture and the Arts (PDF)
- NCCA Research Proposal Form (http://bit.ly/NCCAResearchProposalForm)
- NCCA Project Proposal Form (DOC)
- Proposals may be submitted in any of the Philippine languages.
- Please make sure that proposal packets for the chosen category will contain the all the required documents. Please read the Research Guidelines for the list of documents to be submitted per category.
- Proposal packets may be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit complete proposal packets to:
Cultural Dissemination Section
Policy/Plan Formulation and Programming Division
National Commission for Culture and the Arts
633 General Luna St., Intramuros, Manila 1002