This guideline is intended for individuals and institutions interested in conducting research, recording, filming or photographing the Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan Awardees including samples of works, work and training methods and tools.
1. Requests to document a Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan Awardee (“Awardee”) should be accompanied by a formal letter of request from the head of the organization (“Documentor”) which is conducting the documentation. If the requesting party is an individual (“Documentor”), the letter should be accompanied by an endorsement letter from the head of a reputable research institution, preferably a cultural agency affiliated with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA).
2. The letter of request should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan Executive Committee (“Committee”) and received by the GAMABA office at least three (3) months before the start of the documentation.
3. The letter of request should contain the following information:
- Purpose and aim of the documentation.
- Format (i.e. video, photo, audio recording, etc.).
- The use that will be made of the documentation or information gathered.
- Schedule of documentation.
- Copy of script, guide or storyboard.
4. The request requires review and approval by the Committee.
5. The request should likewise be accepted by the Awardee.
6. Compensation of the Awardee shall be determined by the Committee in consultation with the Awardee and shall be based on the amount of time spent with the Documentor, and should be in keeping with the daily or monthly income that the Awardee’s normal activity would provide, the value of the material or information volunteered and the eventual use that will be made of it.
7. Compensation of interpreters, guides, security escorts and other sources shall be the responsibility of the Documentor.
8. The Awardee shall be provided with a copy of the research paper, photographs, sound or audiovisual documents recorded.
9. GAMABA office shall be provided with a copy of the research paper, photographs, sound or audiovisual documents recorded for archival purposes. Said materials shall be stored in the NCCA Portal Cultural Databank, the NCCA’s intranet for cultural information, which shall remain confidential and may be given only upon prior consent of the private owner.
10. A Letter of Agreement shall be prepared upon approval of the request and acceptance by the Documentor of the foregoing terms and conditions.
11. These guidelines shall apply to the general public, GAMABA and NCCA committee members, officials and staff.
12. Documentors/researchers who violate these policies will not be allowed to work with any of the GAMABA Awardees for three (3) years after the event.
Approved per Committee Resolution No. 2011-01 on February 28, 2011. For the Executive Committee:
ELENA RIVERA MIRANO, PH.D.
Contact the Gamaba Program Secretariat at tel. no.: 5272192 local 504.