1. Invitations to the Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan Awardees (“Awardee”) should be accompanied by a formal letter of invitation from the head of the organization (“Organizer”) which is organizing the event. The letter should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan Executive Committee (“Committee”) and received by the GAMABA office at least one (1) month before the event.
2. The Awardee should not compete in local and international competitions.
3. The Organizer should likewise fill-out and submit the information form provided by the GAMABA Secretariat or the Awardee along with the letter of invitation.
4. All invitations require review and approval by at least three (3) members of the Committee or by two (2) members plus the GAMABA Consultant.
5. The invitation should be accepted by the Awardee. The Awardee must certify that he/she is in good health and is physically fit to travel and participate in the event.
6. The Awardee is entitled to the following:
- A place of honor in state functions, national commemoration ceremonies and all other cultural presentations and events.
- The Awardee may be accompanied by a companion (either the designated local coordinator or a relative).
- Travel expenses (inclusive of transportation, terminal fee, food and accommodation) of the Awardee and his/her companion to be shouldered by the Organizer.
- If the invitation is a one (1) day performance, demonstration or training, the Organizer shall give the Awardee an honorarium that is equivalent to official government rate or following the honoraria rate for National Artists. If the Awardee is invited to perform, demonstrate or conduct training for more than one (1) day, the honorarium shall be based on the amount of time spent by the Awardee, and should be in keeping with the daily or monthly income that the Awardee’s normal activity would provide, and the value of the Awardee’s participation. The rate shall be determined by the Committee in consultation with the Awardee.
- Proper acknowledgement in promotional materials (i.e. posters, souvenir programs, brochures, flyers, etc.)
7. The Organizer shall cover the insurance of the Awardee while on travel and during the event whereas the usual medical and hospitalization expenses covered by NCCA Board Resolution No. 2003-209 shall be charged to the National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
8. In case of international travel, the Organizer shall pay for passport and visa fees of the Awardee including local travel expenses.
9. In case the Awardee accepted the invitation without the knowledge and approval of the Committee, the Organizer shall be responsible for the Awardee’s medical and hospitalization expenses, treatments; prescription fees and other related expenses should emergencies arise.
10. Organizers who violate these policies will not be allowed to invite any of the GAMABA Awardees for three (3) years after the event.
11. These guidelines shall apply to the general public, GAMABA and NCCA committee members, officials and staff.
Approved per Committee Resolution No. 2011-01 on February 28, 2011.
For the Executive Committee:
ELENA RIVERA MIRANO, PH.D.
Contact the Gamaba Program Secretariat at tel. no.: 5272192 local 504.