Excerpts from RA No. 7356 / April 1992 – Section 12 b)
b) To conserve and promote the nation’s historical and cultural heritage, it shall;
1) support, monitor and systematize the retrieval and conservation of artifacts of Filipino culture and history and all Filipino cultural treasures from all over the archipelago and other countries;
2) encourage and support the study, recognition and preservation of endangered human cultural resources such as weavers, chanters, dancers, and other craftsmen as well as the conservation and development of artistic, linguistic and occupational skills that are threatened with extinction;
3) support and promote the establishment and preservation of cultural and historical monuments, markers, names and sites;
4) encourage and support the establishment and/or maintenance all over the country of museums, libraries, archives, private or public, as repositories, respectively of all cultural/historical artifacts and artistic creation, printed works, archival records and all other materials indispensable to the study and evaluation of Filipino culture and history;
5) encourage the private sector to establish and maintain private museums and libraries;
6) encourage and support scholarly research into and documentation of Philippine cultural traditions, arts and crafts, as well as significant cultural movements, achievements and personalities especially in the literary, visual and performing arts; and in mass media, as well as the various aspects of Filipino culture;
7) encourage and support the writing of Philippine history from the Filipino perspective;
8) Encourage, support and systematize the audio-visual documentation of Filipino cultural expressions in the contemporary period.
e) Ensure that standards of excellence are pursued in programs and activities implementing policies herein stated, it shall encourage and support continuing discussion and debate, through symposia, workshops, publications, etc., on the highest norms available in the matrix of Philippine culture.
Subcommission on Cultural Heritage (SCH) Officers, 2020-2022
Ar. Michael F. Manalo
Commissioner for Cultural Heritage / Head
Head, National Committee on Monuments and Sites
Mr. Emmanuel Franco Calairo, Ph.D.
Head, National Committee on Historical Research
Mr. Arnulfo O. Junio
Head, National Committee on Archives
Mr. Danilo Rayos Del Sol
Head, National Committee on Art Galleries
Ms. Salvacion M. Arlante
Head, National Committee on Library and Information Services
Mr. Jose Eleazar Bersales, Ph.D.
Head, National Committee on Museums
|Libraries and Information Services|
|Monuments and Sites|