As the national machinery for women’s empowerment and gender equality, part of Philippine Commission on Women’s (PCW) commitment is to spearhead the annual celebration of the National Women’s Month. Beingthe lead agency, there is a need to identify strategies and activities and would make every Women’s monthcelebration meaningful and in line with the national and international issues and trends on women. For thisyear’s celebration, the theme is “JUANA, DESISYON MO AY MAHALAGA SA KINABUKASAN NG BAWAT ISA,IKAW NA!”
In line with this, the PCW in partnership with the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) is holding a nationwide photo contest. The photo contest aims to capture the essential representation and role beingplayed by Filipino women in leadership, power and decision making.
- Photos must capture the essential representation and role being played by Filipino women in leadership, power and decision making.
- PCW will accept entries from February 6, 2015 to March 12, 2015.
Who Can Join?
The contest is open to all Filipino amateur photo enthusiasts.
Employees of PCW including their relatives up to second degree of affinity or consanguinity are not qualified to join the contest.
Submission of Entries:
1.Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of two entries only.
2. Participants must submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. PCW will only accept entries submitted via email. Those that will be submitted through other means will be automatically disqualified.
4. Entries to be submitted should include the following details: Name, sex, age, mailing address, contact number and occupation
- Caption for the photo, which must be accurate and complete enough to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken
- Where the photo was taken (town/municipality, province/city/country)
- When it was taken (complete date)
- Camera used 5. File name of photos should be pattern in this format: SURNAME_ENTRY NUMBER 1
Sample: DE LA CRUZ_1 DE LA CRUZ_2
6. Deadline of submission of entries is on March 12, 2015, 5PM
- Photos must be all original and only colored photos will be considered. Black and white or sepia photos will be automatically disqualified.
- Photos must be in digital JPEG or JPG format, in high-resolution, 25MB maximum file size.(Recommended resolution: 3,000 pixels whether horizontal image or vertical image at 300 dpi.)
- Photos must not be digitally altered (colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, stitched panorama,high dynamic range HDR images etc.) and/or enhanced in any way. Only simple cropping, minoradjustments in color, sharpness, contrast or digital equivalents are allowed.
- Watermarked photos and those that have been previously submitted or have won in any local orinternational photography contest will be disqualified.
- Photos to be submitted must be taken starting on February 6, 2015, the official launch of the photocontest.
- By participating in the 2015 Women’s Month Photo Contest, the contestant acknowledges that thesubmitted photograph is a single work of original material created and taken solely by the participantand no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- PCW reserves the right to disqualify any photograph or image at any time for any cause. Submission of entries to the contest indicates full permission granted to PCW to use the photographs, with proper credit to the photographer in PCW IEC and other advocacy materials.
- Winners agree to the disclosure and publication of their names and other particular, to participate in any photo, publicity or other media arrangements made by PCW and to announce winners to the general public as PCW deem appropriate.
- PCW reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time for any reason or whatsoever in its sole andabsolute discretion without any obligation to furnish any reasons.
The criteria for judging will be as follows:
Adherence to theme/content (30%)
Creativity and Originality (25%)
Visual Impact (25%)
Photographic Quality (20%)
- Top 12 entries will receive 10,000 pesos and certificate of appreciation.
SELECTION OF WINNERS: PRE-SCREENING: Panel of judges from PCW will pre-screen all the submitted entries to ensure that thecontestants have complied with the prescribed guidelines and it has no violent content, nudity or obscenity.
WINNERS DELIBERATION: Panel of judges from different organizations will then select winners based on theshort listed entries on March 17, 2015. The decision of the judges is final and not appealable.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS: Winners will be notified via e-mail. The winning photos will also be showcasedin the PCW website’s photo gallery (www.pcw.gov.ph), official Facebook account and Twitter account (@PCWgovph).
Awarding ceremonies will be on March 26, 2015, 5 PM at the GSIS Theater, Pasay City.
For further details, contact PCW- Information Resource Management Division (IRMD) at Tel. Nos. 735-8509 or735-1654 loc.131 or email email@example.com.