The National Photography Competition in the Visayas adopts the theme “Simbahan sa Sugbo.” This cultural event is initiated to document various places of worship in Cebu Province hoping to inspire the community to help in the heritage preservation of this great wealth. Images should center on the external structure and its interiors, telling stories of their recent condition, historical and cultural values.
Launching on Saturday, April 25, 2015 2 pm, at the Handuraw Café Gorordo Ave., Cebu City.
Deadline of Entries: Friday, June 5, 2015
Awarding and Exhibit Opening: Saturday, June 27, 2015
Competition Guidelines: “SIMBAHAN SA SUGBO”National Photography Competition 2015
Rules of the Competition:
1. Open to all Filipino citizens, 18 years old and above.
2. Registration / participation fee is P 200.
3. The photograph may be shot in film or digital format.
4. If the photograph is digital, it should be a high resolution image (not less than 4288 x 2848 pixels or set at large image size, or not less than 300DPI). A universal fileformat should be prepared by the photographer (JPEG, TIFF). Minimum postprocessing is allowed (global image management, contrast brightness, colorrendering and cropping)
5. The photograph should be printed in full color with a print size of 8” x 12” in anysurface texture. (matte, glossy, silk, etc.)
6. Monochrome photos are allowed (B&W or sepia)
7. A maximum of 3 entries per photographer is allowed.
8. Name of the photographer on the image is not allowed.
9. The theme is “Simbahan sa Sugbo”. Images should center on the external structure and the interiors of various places of worship in the Province of Cebu telling storiesof their recent condition, historical and cultural values.
10. The entries should be shot within 2014 – 2015 and should not have been submittedin any competition, exhibit or printed in any publication. (magazine, newspaper,etc.)
11. Prizes: 1st Prize – P50,000 plus plaque
2nd Prize – 30,000 plus plaque
3nd Prize – 20,000 plus plaque
5 Consolation Prizes at P 5,000 each
Top 30 entries will be featured in the photo exhibit and catalogue.
12. All winning entries will become property of the organizer,Pusod, the Open Organization of Cebu Visual Artists, Inc.
For inquiries, please contactt:Feb Alesna 0917-7451749, Palmy Pe–Tudtud 0917-3695014