- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To acknowledge exemplary work and to encourage the sustenance of the East Asian spirit, the development and improvement of the East Asian built environment and enhancement of the awareness of the role of architecture and architects in the socio-economic and the culture of East Asian countries.
- To demonstrate that good architecture is a major component of the positive influence on the human environment, and that physical development in Asia need not be in disharmony with the cultural values, national identity or the natural environment of developing countries in Asia.
The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), as a member of the ASEAN National Committee on Culture and Information (COCI) Philippines, is tasked to facilitate the full implementation at the national level.
The coordinating country of this ASEAN-COCI project is the ASEAN National COCI Indonesia, through its Ministry of National Education and Culture of Indonesia. The project is being implemented in regional level by Indonesia, with support from the ASEAN-Korea Cooperation Fund
C. SCOPE OF THE AWARD
The Citation will be given to architectural works from each of the ASEAN Member States and Plus Three Countries (Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, and Japan)
Licensed Architects who are Filipino Nationals ages 55 years old and below on the final date of submission are entitled to participate. Participants should submit a photocopy of license as Architects with the related forms.
Expression of Cultural Identity: Emergent Architecture in East Asia
F. SUBMISSION PROCESS
All entries will be accepted by the Secretariat for adjudication by the Jury, provided that:
- The entries were completed and fully in operation for at least two (2) years, and a maximum of 5 years before the date on which the Citation will be conferred.
- Members of the Jury, their business partners or former business partner/s or staff members within a period of three (3) years, or member of their immediate families shall not be eligible for submissions.
- Entries that have received an award previously are not eligible to participate.
- The entries should be 100% Filipino and should not have any collaboration with foreign architectural consultants at any phase of the project.
The artists may submit entries to the email address below:
G. DEADLINE OF ENTRIES
February 15, 2015
H. SELECTION CRITERIA
In the assessment of entries, the Jury will take regional differences into consideration, paying particular attention to the socio-cultural, environmental location and to the resultant standard of the facility concerned. Entries submitted should be sound both conceptually and technologically within the context of Asia. The project should be relevant as a source of inspiration, at least in the country of its location and preferably in the Asian region.
I. MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED
In order to assess the entries, the following materials shall be required:
- Description of the Programme and Facility (Form 1 & 2).
- Description of the Suitability of the Facility (Form 3 & 4).
Description of Entries
Maximum of 300 words
The following information must be provided by the Artist/Architect:
– Architect of Record
– Date Completed
– Building Type/Function
– Photograph – Building in Use
3. Small-scale site plan, a maximum of 3 small-plans and up to two (2) sectional views (Form 5).
4. Minimum five (5) digital (electronic file) color photographs at least 300 dpi, in jpeg format with explanatory text in English. Submitted entries should include pictures of the exterior of the building while in use.
Once entries have been selected by the Jury, the TIF format shall be required for re-submission.
The working language of the Citation and all correspondence concerning the project (explanatory texts, labels, captions, completion of Forms, etc.) will be in English.
The Secretariat (National Level) shall print the winning entries as required by Indonesia. The required printed photos: Color photos in a 200 mm x 250 mm format and as built drawings on 297 mm x 420 mm sheets properly mounted on boards.
Winning entries shall become the property of the ASEAN, and may be displayed or published at their discretion.
J. ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION
Only entries that are chosen by the Jurors will receive an official notification.
K. USE RIGHTS
Artists who submit their artworks agree that the NCCA may use their entries, for display, marketing and promotional purposes, and future art exhibitions.
The NCCA will give credits to the artist/creator, if applicable.
One (1) winner
Two (2) citations
The 3 winning entries at the national level will be subsequently sent to the ASEAN National COCI Indonesia not later than February 2015 in preparation for the regional exhibition. The regional exhibition will be held in Indonesia in October 2015.
For inquiries, please contact Ms. Rulet Salvador / Mr. Rodelio Candor of the NCCA Secretariat:
National Commission for Culture and the Arts
NCCA Building, 633 General Luna Street,
Intramuros 1002, Manila
Telephone: (02) 527-2192 / 527-2206
Mobile No.: (0918) 823-8650