For the year 2015, the National Arts Month aims to promote the local culture and arts scene through a festive showcase in their regions. It will feature the talents, performances and creative products of the many artists and arts groups in the seven arts. The Festival will be a celebration of the fruits of the creative efforts for the past year and a looking forward to a richer, more fertile ground in the coming years for the evolution of artistic modes of expression available to the Filipino creative imagination.
The National Commission for Culture and the Arts encourages different local government unit, educational institutions and art organizations to take part in this celebration by making the National Arts Month as part of their annual program of activities. Thus, everyone is encouraged to implement their own localized NAM Program in their own communities. The NCCA also invites local government unit and educational institutions nationwide to submit their project proposals that may be considered for possible funding assistance. This funding assistance is competitive. Noteworthy projects shall be selected by the Subcommission on the Arts Committee Heads from among all proposals received by the NCCA based on the following criteria:
1. Originality of Concept
2. Innovative Artistic Treatment
3. Interaction of Various Art Forms
4. Reflection of local Culture
5. Promotion of local artists and arts group
6. Recognition of the achievements of the local artists
7. Promotion of local creative industry
8. Implementation venue should be in a public space and/or
9. Project should be open to the public
Budget per Project: Php 100,000.00
Slots open for application: 20 slots
The grant is given to local government unit or educational institution whose proposals or current works meet the following qualifications:
1. A production that has been staged and has received critical acclaim or regional or national recognition may apply for restaging the particular work.
2. A new work with a significant theme and innovative production style and features the interaction of two or more art forms (architecture, visual, literary, music, dance, theater and cinema)
3. A new production that aims to deepen the public’s appreciation for their local culture and arts
4. The applicant’s proposal must contain a detailed written account of the work’s concept, its artistic treatment, and other pertinent production requirements.
5. Showcase or festival format project featuring all the works and creative industries of their local artists is encouraged
THE PROJECT PROPONENT
1. Organizations must be duly-eligible proponents to the NCCA. Otherwise, proponents may apply for eligibility by submitting all required documents (for more information please visit our website at https://www.ncca.gov.ph)
2. Proponents must complete the liquidation of an unliquidated project and secure a Certificate of Project Completion from the NCCA Project Monitoring and Evaluation Division (PMED) to be eligible to apply for the Grant.
3. Proponents with projects to be implemented until February 2015 shall not be eligible to apply for the Grant.
4. Only one proposal may be accepted from each organization.
The deadline for submission of project proposals, eligibility requirements, detailed line-item budget and other requirements is on or before the midnight of January 5, 2015. Proposals received after the deadline and/or with incomplete requirements shall not be processed and will be returned by the NCCA to the proponent
All project proposals may be addressed and submitted to:
National Arts Month Secretariat
National Commission for Culture and the Arts
3rd Flr., NCCA Building, 633 Gen. Luna St., Intramuros, Manila
Telephone Nos. (02) 527-2192 loc. 302
Fax No. (02) 527-2198