Have fun learning about our heritage with the NCCA Paper Craft Series. Download. Print. Create.
Built in 1913 as the tomb and memorial to Jose P. Rizal, it has since then served as the de facto symbol of our nationhood.
Download pdf (332.85 KB)
Manila Metropolitan Theater
You can now download our latest #HeritagePH paper craft, the scale model of the Manila Metropolitan Theater! #METamorphosis http://bit.ly/METPaperCraft Have fun and don’t forget to post and tag us in your creations. 🙂 #architecture #papercraft #manila #mymanila #Philippines #wheninmanila
A photo posted by NCCA (@nccaofficial) on
Designed by architect Juan Arellano and opened in 1931, the MET was constructed in the Art Deco style. It is now undergoing restoration after it was bought by the NCCA from the Government Service Insurance System.
Download pdf (1.1 MB)
Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras
The Rice Terraces represent an enduring illustration of an ancient civilization that surpassed various challenges and setbacks posed by modernization, it was inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1995. Read more
Download pdf (2.24 MB)
The 14,000-square foot heritage mansion was the ancestral residence of the Aguinaldos and the birthplace of Emilio, who later became General and the first Philippine President. The residence was declared a National Heritage Shrine shortly after the death of Emilio Aguinaldo in 1964. Constructed in 1845 from wood and thatch materials, the Aguinaldo Shrine has seen various reconstructions in 1849 and during the early 1920s. Its most historic spot, known as the “Independence Balcony,” saw the end of the three hundred-year Spanish colonial rule in the Philippines and the birth of the First Philippine Republic. (Official Gazette)
Malacañan Palace is the official residence of the President of the Philippines, situated in the old Manila district of San Miguel. It has been the official residence of the chief executive since 1863 after an earthquake destroyed the Palacio del Gobernador, the residence of the then Spanish Governor-General in Intramuros.
The Sultan Hassal Bolkiah Masjid
Also known as the Grand Mosque, it is the largest mosque in the Philippines. The mosque is located in Barangay Kalanganan in Cotabato City and was funded by Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei Darussalam at a reported cost of US$48 million.
Download pdf (1.11 MB)
Quezon Memorial Shrine
The Quezon Memorial Shrine is dedicated to the unrivalled legacy of the first president of the Commonwealth of the Philippines, Manuel L. Quezon. It is a national shrine highlighted by a 66-meter trylon monument at the heart of Quezon City’s most important park. The monument’s three columns and angels bowed in grief, holding sampaguita wreaths, represent Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. It has a museum that features Quezoniana relics and memorabilia, and a mausoleum where the remains of Quezon and his wife, Aurora Aragon Quezon, were interred.
On September 15, 1898, Representatives of the provinces liberated from Spain by Filipino revolutionaries met at Barasoain Church, in Malolos, Bulacan, and convened the Revolutionary Congress, which drafted the Constitution of the First Philippine Republic.
(Cat in photo: Designed by Freepik)
One of the country’s most enduring landmarks, and one of the nation’s most impressive works of art— it is a fitting tribute to the man known as the father of the Philippine Revolution. It was designed by National Artist for Visual Arts Guillermo Tolentino and formally inaugurated on November 30, 1933. (Source: Bonifacio Sesquicentennial)
Miagao Church (Sto. Tomas de Villanueva Parish Church)
Miagao Church, also known as the Sto. Tomas de Villanueva Parish Church, is a Roman Catholic church located in Miagao, Iloilo. It was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site on December 11, 1993 together with San Agustin Church in Manila; Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion Church in Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur; and San Agustin Church in Paoay, Ilocos Norte under the collective title Baroque Churches of the Philippines, a collection of four Baroque Spanish-era churches.
This group of churches established a style of building and design that was adapted to the physical conditions in the Philippines and had an important influence on later church architecture in the region. The four churches are outstanding examples of the Philippine interpretation of the Baroque style, and represent the fusion of European church design and construction with local materials and decorative motifs to form a new church-building tradition.
Paoay Church (Iglesia de San Agustín de Paoay)
Construction on this church began in 1694 and was completed in the early 1700s. A separate bell tower was built nearby out of coral stones The church itself was reinforced against earthquakes by several massive buttresses flanking its exterior. It is was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site under the collective group, Baroque Churches of the Philippines in 1993.
From time immemorial this spot has been set aside to commemorate the erection of a cross in Cebu by the expedition of Ferdinand Magellan. When Rajah Humabon of Cebu and his queen, son and daughters, together with some 800 of their subjects were baptized by Father Pedro Villarama. This hallowed site was improved in 1735 by Rev. Fr. Juan Albarran, Prior of San Agustin and in 1834 by Rt. Rev. Santos Gomez Maranon, Bishop of cebu. The image of the Santo Nino found by the expedition of Legaspi in a house near the present site of the Cathedral of Cebu is venerated by the faithful in the nearby church of San Agustin (from the National Historical Institute marker installed in 1941).
National Museum of the Philippines (Museum of Fine Arts)
The building was originally designed as the public library by Ralph Harrington Doane, the American consulting architect of the Bureau of Public Works, and his assistant Antonio Toledo. Construction began in 1918 but was suspended several times because of lack of funds. When it was decided that the building should be used by the Legislature, the revisions of the plans was entrusted to Juan Arellano, then supervising architect of the Bureau. The building was inaugurated on 16 July 1926, and by then had cost four million pesos.
The building was part of Daniel Burnham’s plan for the development of Manila. Upon its completion, the second, third, and fourth floors were occupied by the Senate and House of Representatives while the ground floor was occupied by the National Library.
The 1934 Constitutional Convention was held in this building. On its front steps, Manuel L. Quezon was sworn in as President of the Commonwealth. The Legislative Building was a casualty during the bombing and shelling of Manila in 1945. It was reconstructed in 1946 following the original plans but with some revisions, such as the replacement of flat pilasters of the stately rounded engaged columns. In mid-1996, the Senate of the Philippines moved out of the building. In 2003, renovation started to transform it into National Art Gallery of the National Museum.
(Source: National Museum of the Philippines)
The Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, informally known as the Manila Cathedral, is located in Intramuros, the historic walled city in Manila.
The cathedral was originally a parish church owned and governed by the Archdiocese of Mexico in 1571, until it became a separate diocese on February 6, 1579, upon the issuance of the papal bull, Illius Fulti Præsido by Pope Gregory XIII. The cathedral was damaged and destroyed several times since the original structure was built in 1581 while the eighth and current incarnation of the cathedral was completed in 1958. (Source: Manila Cathedral)
Dambana ng Kagitingan
Ang Dambanà ng Kagitíngan (Shrine of Valor sa Ingles) ay isang pambansang dambana na matatagpuan malapit sa tuktok ng Bundok Samat, isang makasaysayang bundok sa Barangay Diwa, bayan ng Pilar, lalawigan ng Bataan. Itinayô ang dambana bilang pagkilála sa kabayanihan ng mga Filipinong lumaban at nag-alay ng búhay para sa kanilang bansa noong Ikalawang Digmaang Pandaigdig.
Naging tagpo ang Bundok Samat ng Labanang Bataan, ang pinakamadugong yugto ng pananakop ng hukbong Japanese sa Filipinas at mahigit sandaang libong sundalong Filipino at Americano ang namatay. Sinimulan ang paggawa sa dambana noong 1966 at natapos noong 1970. May lawak itong 73,665 ektarya at nagtatampok ng Colonnade at Memorial Cross. Ang kolonado ay may tuktok na yari sa marmol. Sa gitna nitó ay isang altar, at sa likod ng altar ay tatlong stained glass mural na idinisenyo ni Cenon Rivera at ginawa ng Italyanong si Vetrate D’Arte Giuliani. Matatagpuan sa labas ng kolonado ang 19 lilok ng Pambansang Alagad ng Sining Napoleon Abueva.
Catch NCCA’s Lapulapu papercraft bobble-head, the latest addition to the NCCA Papercraft Series!
The new bobble-head design is inspired by the leader of the island-natives in Mactan who fought the Spanish colonizers when they first landed in the island in 1521. Lapulapu is the highlighted icon for the Philippine commemorative celebrations of the 500-year anniversary of the first circumnavigation of the world.
The Lapulapu bobble-head and other designs for the NCCA Papercraft Series are conceptualized by Graphic Artist Ryan Arengo as supplementary materials for those who are looking for fun ways to integrate arts in learning and teaching history and culture. For questions on the paper craft series, you may call Mr. Arengo through numbers 527-2192 loc 608. Access the complete printable crafts here: Click here.