The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) is now accepting donations for the Rebuilding/Rehabilitation of the Heritage Sites and Structures in disaster stricken areas in Central Philippines.
For more information, please contact the NCCA through the following offices:
Office of the Executive Director
Tel no. (+632)523-0199/527-2192 loc. 728
Office of the Deputy Executive Director
Tel. no. (+632)527-2193/527-2192 loc. 729
General Guidelines on Donation from Local and Foreign Agencies
(For the rebuilding/rehabilitation of heritage sites and structures in disaster stricken areas in Central Philippines)
- Only donations relevant to the purpose of the donee may be accepted.
- Such donation shall be in accordance with the provisions of the General Appropriations Act (GAA) on Donations (Sec 12 of GAA 2002), unless agreed upon with the donor.
- Donations from foreign sources or governments shall be further governed by Department of Budget and Management/Commission On Audit/Department of Finance (DBM/COA/DOF) Joint Circular No. 2-97 and acceptance shall be subject also to prior clearance and approval of the President of the Philippines, Upon recommendation of the Secretary of Foreign Affairs.
- Upon acceptance by the NCCA, said donation shall be accounted for as NCCA funds and shall be deemed automatically appropriated for the purpose specified and other purposes specified/indicated by the donor.
- Said purpose refers to carrying out or pursuing the rebuilding/rehabilitation of heritage sites and structures in disaster stricken areas in Central Visayas.
For donation thru Bank
- The donor shall deposit their donation in the form of check, cash or any other form convertible to cash to the NCCA Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) Special Current Account.
- All deposited donations shall be acknowledged, Official Receipt (OR) shall be issued, check donation shall be issued OR after the clearing period.
Note: Donation in Foreign Currency shall be credited in the bank account at the exchange rate at the time the donation was deposited
For Walk-in donation
- Donor shall secure Order of Payment (OP) for the amount of donation from the Accounting section. The Order of Payment (OP) , pay the said amount to the cashiering section , Official Receipt (OR) will be issued for the acknowledgement.
- All donations shall be deposited to the NCCA Special Account on the following day of the receipt.
Release of Fund to Implementing Agencies (IA), Non Government Organizations/Peoples Organizations (NGOs/POs) and Indigenous Peoples Group (Cultural Communities, School Based Organizations and Individuals
- Granting, Utilization, Accounting, Auditing and Reporting
The proceeds from the donation will be utilized following/adopting the NCCA existing procedures on project grant in relation to the following COA Circulars and Guidelines:
10.1 COA circular No. 2007-001, dated October 25, 2007 – Revised guidelines in the granting, utilization, accounting and auditing of fund released to Non-Governmental Organizations/People’s Organizations (NGOs/POs)
10.1.1 Reporting to the Donor- Unless agreed upon or otherwise as agreed upon, the NCCA shall submit to the donor a report indicating where the donated amount have been used.
10.2 COA Circular No. 2012-001 dated June 14, 2012 – Prescribing the Revised Guidelines and Documentary Requirements for the Common Government Transactions
10.3 Specialized Guidelines on Fund Transfer to Implementing Agencies (IA) and Grants to NGOs/POs and Indigenous Peoples Group (Cultural Communities, School Based Organizations and Individuals
Download the printable guideline.