The KAGURUANG MAKABAYAN complements the Department of Education’s instructional and curriculum development efforts through a series of three-day training-writeshops that seeks to provide public school teachers training on developing lesson exemplars and applied classroom teaching methodologies through culture-based, integrative and interactive teaching approaches across the K to 12 Curriculum. Since 2014, the training includes the public schools supervisors and principals to fully realize the implementation of culture base Filipino education system.
Description and Objectives
1. To train teacher-participants on integration of culture-based contents and creative pedagogies in teaching the core subject areas;
2. To produce culture based lesson exemplar among the 8-subject areas namely Filipino, English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Values Education, Arts/Music, TLE at PE/Health;
3. Disseminate culture-based lesson exemplars for classroom teaching application;
4. To develop or produce new readings or instructional materials necessary for the teaching of K to 12 Curriculum;
5. To recognize teachers that produce quality education as defined by his/her lesson-plan through a competition: and
6. Support the international conference on Cultural Education to be conducted at UPLB.
This three-day national training convened to provide three-day training on the following specialized topics:
* Philippine Cultural Education Program: Sagisag Kultura ng Filipinas in K to 12 Curriculum
* Malikhaing Guro as Teaching Philosophy and Methodology
* Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education as Platform for Culture-Based Education
* Lakbay-Lahi: Local Heritage Sites as Learning Resources
* Culture and Heritage as Organizing Frame for Developing Culture-Based Lessons