In response to the K-12 Basic Education program of the DepED, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) revised the General Education Curriculum (GEC) for college students. This new GEC will be in place in 2018, in time for the first batch of K-12 senior high school graduates.
In line with the task of NCCA Philippine Cultural Education Program (PCEP) to ensure that culture must be the foundation of Philippine education, we are holding the Re-tooling Seminar for College Instructors on Culture-based CHED General Education Core Curriculum in 3 island-clustered training (Luzon, Visayas & Mindanao).
For the past 2 years (2014-15) PCEP developed 4 syllabus under the CHED General Education Core Curriculum namely
1) Understanding the Self / Pag-unawa sa Sarili; written by Arvin Villalon & Prof. Chuck Pascual
2) Purposive Communication / Malayuning Komunikasyon; written by Gina Salazar & Dr. Joseph Salazar
3) Contemporary World / Ang Kasalukuyang Daigdig; written by Tim Dacanay
4) Art Appreciation / Pagpapahalaga sa Sining written by Dr. Steve Fernandez
This year the Retooling of University Professors was done in the following sites:
- September 7 – 9 Malolos, Bulacan
- September 12 – 14 Siliman University, Dumaguete
- September 26 -28 St. Joseph University, Quezon City