Through the National Endowment Fund for Culture and the Arts (NEFCA), the NCCA provides assistance to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Peoples Organizations (POs), Indigenous Peoples Organizations (IPOs), Individuals, Local Government Units (LGUs), Government Agencies (GAs), State Universities/Colleges and Public Schools through its NCCA Grants Program, and Institutional Programs (NCCA Outreach Program, Resource Person’s Bureau, Technical Assistance Program).
The NCCA Board of Commissioners, in coordination with the four Subcommissions (composed of 19 national committees), defines its thrusts and priorities anchored mainly on the NCCA vision:
A Filipino people with a strong sense of nationhood and deep respect for cultural diversity.
(Approved during the Commission meeting on 19 November 2019 Adopting the NCCA Strategic Plan 2020-2022 per Board Resolution No. 2019-360.)
and aligned with the Philippine Development Plan (PDP) 2017-2022: Chapter 7 on Culture (Promoting Philippine Culture and Values).
NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR CULTURE AND THE ARTS
2023 COMPETITIVE GRANTS PROGRAM
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
IV. SPECIFIC RULES
- Proposals received beyond the announced deadline for submission, i.e., August 31, 2022 shall not be considered.
- A proponent can only submit one project proposal.
- The proponent must fully accomplish the prescribed NCCA Project Proposal Form.
- The proponent must indicate and identify the corresponding category where his/her project will fall.
- The proponent must submit the documentary requirements.
- Proponents must be accredited by the Commission as a pre-requisite to the approval of their project proposal. [Please coordinate with this Commission’s Accreditation and Grants Processing Section (AGPS) for details.]
- Officials, employees, and Executive Council (ExeCon) Members and their relatives up to the fourth civil degree of affinity and consanguinity as well as organizations and institutions where ExeCon Members serve as officers and incorporators are disqualified from submitting proposals.
- Pursuant to Executive Order No. 9, s.2019 on the adoption of the Cash-based budgeting system, all proposals should indicate their period of implementation anytime within the period January-December 2022.
- Due to the Covid19 pandemic, all proposals must demonstrate adherence to minimum public health standards. Expenses for such purpose (eg. Covid19 tests, purchase of face shields/masks/alcohol, etc.) shall not exceed 10% of the amount of the grant being requested.
- Pursuant to Republic Act No. 11106 or the Filipino Sign Language (FSL) Act, proposals involving the conduct of fora, conferences, meetings, competitions, online streaming and other similar live activities require FSL interpreter insets to guarantee access to information and freedom of expression of the Filipino deaf;
- The individual proponent or head of the organization is required to sign all the pages of the proposal.
- The project proposal may be accomplished in Filipino or English.
- An incomplete project proposal may constrain the Commission from acting favorably on it.
V. 2023 COMPETITIVE GRANTS
The 2023 Call for Proposals is now open. For CY 2023, the projects are categorized per Subcommissions (SCA, SCCTA, SCD, and SCH). Proponents interested in implementing projects in each category shall submit a Project Proposal following the requirements indicated:
Deadline for submission of proposals: August 31, 2022 (Wednesday).
All project proposals shall be addressed and submitted to:
Program Management Division (PMD)
National Commission for Culture and the Arts
Room 5-C, Fifth Floor, NCCA Building
633 General Luna Street, Intramuros 1002 Manila, Philippines
Telephone Nos: (02) 8527-2192 (TL) loc. 509
Fax Nos: (02) 8527-2198 / (02) 8527-2209 / (02) 8527-2194
The NCCA requires the submission of a complete project proposal based on the indicated proposal format to facilitate proper evaluation. Please do not hesitate to contact us through the telephone numbers indicated above, should you find the proposal format difficult to accomplish. The project proposal may be accomplished using Filipino or English languages.
[Please refer/download: Annex A: 2023 NCCA Project Proposal Form]